Applications for 2022-2023 are open.
PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES:
First Deadline is March 1, 2022
Remaining Materials due June 14, 2022
Applications or materials received after June 14th will not be considered for an HGSF grant unless HGSF receives documentation that there are extenuating circunstances outside of the student’s control.
The Horace Greeley Scholarship Fund (HGSF) is a community organization with the sole
purpose of providing need-based financial assistance to qualified applicants.
You are eligible to apply for a scholarship if you:
- Are a senior at or a graduate of the Chappaqua Central School District’s Horace Greeley High School
- Wish to pursue your education beyond the high school level
- Have been accepted by a qualifying undergraduate institution
- Have applied and qualified for need-based financial aid at the college/university
you plan to attend
Please carefully review the full Application Instructions first. You must submit a new application EACH YEAR along with all supplemental forms, such as tax returns, financial aid forms, etc. Last year’s code will not work.
SUMMARY OF APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To be considered for a Horace Greeley Scholarship Fund grant the following requirements must be met.
DUE MARCH 1, 2022:
DUE JUNE 14, 2022:
WE STRONGLY REQUEST AND RECOMMEND that you complete this portion of the application as soon as possible and not later than March 1, 2022. This can be done as you are completing your financial aid applications during the admissions process.
Overview of Parent and Student Tax Return Requirements:
Deadline March 1
- Signed copies of Federal Tax Returns for 2020, include all W-2’s and Schedules 1, 2, 3, A, C, D & E. If you anticipate that 2021 tax returns and W2’s will reflect a significant reduction from 2020, please be prepared to submit them as soon as they are completed.
- Signed copies of New York State Tax Returns for 2020, IT-201 Resident Tax Return, and IT-196 Itemized Deductions.
School Financial Aid Award Letter
We must have a copy of your Award Letter, email or screenshot that you received from the college/university you will be attending for the upcoming academic year. It should ideally include the total cost of attendance (which must be supplied separately if it is not), the list of all the financial aid for which you are eligible, and your student ID or SSN. Due by June 14, 2022, or as soon as your school provides the documentation.
Please login first before using the Application Menu.
Grant Application Questions? Email us: